In a traditional Caesar salad, it’s really the creamy, tangy, savory dressing that’s the star of that show that pulls everything together.
But the anchovies, cheese, and egg in Caesar salad dressing mean it’s off-limits for vegans.
Luckily, it’s easy peasy to re-create this delicious dressing in vegan form by swapping in a few creative ingredients — silken tofu and nutritional yeast.
Tofu Caesar Dressing
Re-create the classic Caesar dressing in vegan form by swapping in a few creative ingredients — silken tofu and nutritional yeast.
- 1 (10-oz.) package soft silken tofu
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. vegan Worcestershire sauce (or reduced-sodium soy sauce)
- 1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
Place tofu, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, lemon juice, olive oil, pepper, and yeast in blender or food processor; cover. Blend until